25 August 2020

New Friends

Before leaving the US, the B sent her email address to the her new school and asked it it could be forwarded to some of the kids in her grade.

A day or so after we arrived, she was contacted by 2 girls and a day or so later, by a third, who is in H's grade. They have been communicating ever since and sharing great information.

One of the girls has a younger brother RM's age, but they've been slower to communicate. I'm guessing because they are boys.

Yesterday, Monday, about lunch time, the girls' phones lit up with friend requests from Scotland in a couple of their social media accounts. One of the girls had clearly told her friends at school about the new kids who would be attending next week.

Today, at lunch time, this arrived on the B's phone . . .

I have never wanted to hug such a wonderful group of kids more in my life and y'all know I know more wonderful kids than you can imagine. I hope I get to meet them all and say thank you in person!!

Oh, my weary Mama's heart!
😭❤

1 comment: