18 September 2020

Ya Daft Cow

This story probably works better when you can hear our accents, so try to get them in your head first. Today, me test driving a car and trying to negotiate a 3-lane roundabout for the first time . . .

E&W : Get in the right lane.
Me : The right lane? But that means I'm going almost all the way around.
E&W : Yes. 
Me : Can't I just take a left?
E&W : No. Pull up. Okay? Go now.
I move the car forward into the roundabout while practically yelling at myself : And don't close your eyes. Don't close your eyes! Don't close your eyes!
E&W : What are you saying?! Close your eyes?! No you don't close your eyes! Indicate and move over.
Me : While not closing my eyes. Not closing my eyes.
E&W : Exit here. Well done, ya daft cow!!!

Okay. He didn't say it. But he was totally thinking it loud enough for me to hear. 

And I was totally thinking, Just close your eyes and do it. Do it. Wait! No! Don't close your eyes! 

But I did it!! 
With eyes wide open!!

No comments:

Post a Comment